The employee on site, or at place of work will be responsible for the implementation of the Company Environmental Policy, and will ensure that:
- All work is carried out in accordance with all relevant Acts, Regulations, and Company Policy and Procedures, as defined in the Staff Health and Safety Manual, OHS Manual, Safety Plans, and other company/safety consultant instructions.
- Waste is removed in accordance with legislation by registered carriers to licensed tips;
- Measures are taken to control ground, river and coastal water pollution
- Measures are taken to control noise pollution
- A good neighbour policy is implemented
The Company will:
- Reduce the level of energy consumption
- Obtain utility and hardware supplies from environmentally friendly organisations and those who use renewable energy sources
- Recycle equipment, waste products and redundant items thereby reducing consumption of consumables
- Use, store, control and dispose of hazardous materials in line with environmental ‘best practice’ guidance.